In the 21st Century, the human component is what will define companies that thrive and innovate, and provide the competitive edge. This 10-week course is for leaders and managers who don’t want to take on HR roles; but do want to know how to attract, nurture, manage and retain top talent. Learn about best practices and new ways of recognising and valuing people at work, along with practical ways for positively influencing human behaviour.
Tailored to cultural diversity and legislation unique to South Africa, this course will teach you how to manage organisational change, and develop key talent in a way that aligns with 21st Century business needs.
Start date11 February 2019
Programme duration10 weeks
Estimated effort8 to 10 hours per week
InstitutionRed and Yellow
This 10-week course teaches you to:
- Understand how to balance the complexities of individual quirks, cultural diversity and organisational behaviours to create a culture that works for all stakeholder needs
- Design career paths, processes and workflows that support a learning - rather than a ‘stagnant’ - organisation
- Be aware of the labour laws that govern South African companies, and the resulting implications for employers
- Be cognisant of the entire ‘people’ journey. Not only how to attract, evaluate and select top talent … but also to create a culture that enables and supports retention and engagement
- Respect the importance of ‘soft’ skills, not only ‘hard’; and equip you with the ability to identify, recognise and develop these essential human characteristics
- Truly value the critical role that internal teams’ play in bringing the brand to life and creating consistent, credible differentiation
- Lead and manage teams to ensure not only alignment with, and delivery on, brand promise - but also genuine advocacy from the people that make it happen. Changing the adage, “happy staff (= people with a vested interested in improvements, innovation and success) - happy customers
- Learn essential human skills that are going to become increasingly-important career differentiators in the AI-led 21st Century
This course consists of 8 comprehensive modules covering all the critical theory, together with assignments that not only ensure you embed the knowledge, but can also learn how to apply and implement in real life.
Module 1: Managing people in the era of Innovation
Module 2: People, organisations and behaviour
Module 3: Strategic HR for the Agile Organisation
Module 4: Talent attraction and selection
Module 5: Job design for a learning organisation
Module 6 The employee value proposition
Module 7: Performance, development and succession
Module 8: Employee wellbeing