U.S. GAAP: Overview of Financial Statements - Part I
In this course, you will learn the U.S. standard setters' perspective on the objectives of financial reporting, and review the components of the balance sheet and income statements, recognition and measurement, and accrual accounts. You will also delve into the mechanics of accounting including the double-entry method, debits and credits, and t-accounts.
This course is included in the U.S. GAAP Fundamentals for Finance Professionals Certificate.
- Balance sheet
- Income statements
- Recognition and measurement
- Accrual accounts
- Double-entry method
- Debits and credits
Who should take this course?
Accounting and finance professionals who work for enterprises required to comply with U.S. GAAP or are interested in understanding U.S. accounting fundamentals.
All learning resources available in the CGMA Store qualify for CPD for CIMA members.
Start date19 November 2018
Programme duration1.5 hours
Estimated effort1.5 hours
- Recognise components of the various financial statements
- Differentiate between current and non-current assets and current and non-current liabilities
- Recall the accounts included in an income statement
- Identify how various income statement amounts are calculated