Business Analytics Fundamentals
Learn the principles and practical applications of business analytics. Data analysis has become critical for success in business. Most major employers are looking for candidates with the ability to analyze, understand, and articulate data analytics.
This foundational business analytics course will provide you with the hands-on skills and knowledge to be able to analyze, present findings, and make meaningful conclusions about data in a business setting. By the end of this course, you will be able to offer valuable insights by recognizing, interpreting, and summarizing your company's data.
The course covers key subjects related to business analytics including Data Collection, Data Visualizations, Descriptive Statistics, Basic Probability, Statistical Inference, and Creating Linear Models.
This course will use real-life datasets from publicly available sources.
A working knowledge of Excel is required.
Estimated Effort4-6 Hours / Week
Programme duration4 weeks
Upon successful completion, participants will earn a professional certificate from Harvard University.
- Basic data types, sampling methods, surveys, and data visualization
- Popular descriptive statistics and basic probability concepts
- Inferential statistics such as confidence intervals and hypothesis testing
- Basic Excel modeling building for revenue, cost, and profit
- How to apply fundamental analytics to common business decisions