Search Engine Optimisation
This course will teach you the basic skills to improve your website’s search-engine rankings - which in turn, entrenches credibilty, puts your brand ﬁrmly in the consideration panel, and results in higher conversions. Websites are ranked and indexed constantly, based on ever-changing algorithms that are designed to filter out the scam artists, to ensure that the search engine results are accurate and value-adding. To get your website to the top of the list, you need to understand how search engines crawl and index your content, how they decide what’s going to be most useful and relevant for their users, based on a number of complex factors. Google, the largest search engine, uses a trademarked algorithm which relies on “crawlers” and “spiders” to assign a relevancy score to every website.
InstitutionRed & Yellow Creative School of Business
Course Duration10 weeks
Estimated Effort6 Hours / Week
- Understand the complexities of SEO, and how to achieve high rankings for your website.
- Know what is required for websites to maximise search engine visibility
- Appreciate the importance of optimised content to ensure visibility
- Gain clarity on the right metrics for measuring your SEO initiatives, and how to distinguish the ‘vanity’ metrics from the ones that truly matter
- Find out how SEO can help you influence your customers’ buying cycle and purchase decisions
How it unfolds…The first week is dedicated to orientation. You’ll get to familiarise yourself with the online learning platform (virtual classroom), understand how everything works, meet the humans that’ll support you during this upskilling process, and be introduced to the uniquely human skills that are so essential for career success in the 21st Century.
1. Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation:
• How search engines work
• The SEO process
• Factors that affect ranking
• How search engines approach various coding languages
2. Site structure:
• Best practice for link creation
• The importance of sitemaps
• How user experience ties into SEO
• Potential SEO problems
3. SEO and content:
• The role of content in SEO
• How keyword planning and research feed into SEO
• How to create content for SEO
• How to optimise content for SEO
4. Advanced optimisation:
• How to optimise content
• How to optimise images and video
• How to optimise for local, mobile, social and voice search
5. Links and link building:
• Why links are important
• How links and pages are evaluated
• Basic and content-based link-building strategies
6. Conducting an SEO audit:
• How to identify common problems
• How to assess relevant SEO factors on your site
• How to present your findings
7. Measuring SEO:
• Traffic and conversion metrics
• Ranking and search engine metrics
• SEO projects, processes, and outputs
• Trends in search
• How to decide on the nature of your reports
• How to define your goals
• How to define a reporting framework
• How to automate your reports
If you want to increase organic traffic to your website or if you just ran a Google search for something related to your brand and you didn’t even feature on the first page - then this course is for you.
- Anyone wanting to understand how to out-smart the complexities of search engine algorithms, and get their site to the top of the list.
- People who already understand how SEO works, and want to stay on top of their game.
- Small business owners who want to increase their competitiveness, and get more business.
- People wanting to take their digital marketing skills to the next level.
- Content Marketers who want to increase reach and exposure to relevant audiences.