Blockchain for Business
Discover how distributed-ledger blockchain technologies are changing industries and what this emerging space means for you and your company.
Blockchain is a powerful distributed-ledger technology that is poised to revolutionise the way entire industries do business from supply chain tracking to real-estate transaction processing and everything in between. With that potential there is a lot of hype to contend with. This program will teach business professionals what blockchain is, possible use cases and applications to help them better understand blockchain landscape and how they might leverage this technology in their own industry.
Skills in blockchain are being reported as the top job-skill in demand. This program would provide a great first step in verifying candidates have fundamental understanding of blockchain technologies.
The Blockchain for Business Professional Certificate programme from The Linux Foundation includes the following courses:
Blockchain: Understanding Its Uses and Implications
Understand exactly what a blockchain is, its impact and potential for change around the world, and analyse use cases in technology, business, and enterprise products and institutions.
View the course
Blockchain for Business - An Introduction to Hyperledger Technologies
A primer to blockchain and distributed ledger technologies. Learn how to start building blockchain applications with Hyperledger frameworks.
View the course
edX® is a registered trademark of edX® Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Start date25 October 2018
Programme duration5 - 8 weeks per course
Estimated effort3 - 4 hours per week, per course
InstitutionThe Linux Foundation
- Describe Business Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies to audiences with varying experience
- Blockchain impact and potential for change around the world
- Demonstrate some of the immediate blockchain use cases in technology, business, and enterprise products and institutions
- Gain familiarity with current Hyperledger projects and cross-industry use cases
- Build simple applications on top of Hyperledger Sawtooth and Hyperledger Fabric
- Perform clean installations of the Hyperledger Sawtooth and Hyperledger Fabric frameworks
- Blockchain-related jobs are the second-fastest growing in today’s labor market (Source: TechCrunch)
- This program is designed for the business professional who needs to understand the potential (or threat) of blockchain to their company and industry.
- Armed with better information of the blockchain landscape, this program will help them rise to new challenges in their current role by giving them a new dimension on which they can add value to their employer.