Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH v10) programme
The Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH v10) program is a trusted and respected ethical hacking training Program that any information security professional will need.
Since its inception in 2003, the Certified Ethical Hacker has been the absolute choice of the industry globally. It is a respected certification in the industry and is listed as a baseline certification on the United States Department of Defense Directive 8570. The C|EH exam is ANSI 17024 compliant adding credibility and value to credential members.
C|EH is used as a hiring standard and is a core sought after certification by many of the Fortune 500 organisations, governments, cybersecurity practices, and a cyber staple in education across many of the most prominent degree programs in top Universities around the globe.
Hundreds of Thousands of InfoSec Professionals as well as Career Starters have challenged the exam and for those who passed, nearly all are gainfully employed with successful careers, but the landscape is changing. Cyber Security as a profession is evolving, the barrier to entry is rising, the demand for Skilled Cyber professionals continues to grow, but it is being refined, demanding a higher level of skill and ability.
EC-Council raises the bar again for ethical hacking training and certification programs with the all new C|EH v10!
This course in its 10th iteration, is updated to provide you with the tools and techniques used by hackers and information security professionals alike to break into any computer system. This course will immerse you into a “Hacker Mindset” in order to teach you how to think like a hacker and better defend against future attacks.
It puts you in the driver’s seat with a hands-on training environment employing a systematic ethical hacking process.
You are constantly exposed to creative techniques of achieving optimal information security posture in the target organisation; by hacking it! You will learn how to scan, test, hack and secure target systems. The course covers the Five Phases of Ethical Hacking, diving into Reconnaissance, Gaining Access, Enumeration, Maintaining Access, and covering your tracks.
The tools and techniques in each of these five phases are provided in detail in an encyclopedic approach and absolutely no other program offers you the breadth of learning resources, labs, tools and techniques than the C|EH v10 program.
Available betweenOctober- November 2018
Programme duration5 days (9am – 5pm)
Estimated effortMinimum 40 hours
What will you learn?
1. Key issues plaguing the information security world, incident management process, and penetration testing.
2. Various types of footprinting, footprinting tools, and countermeasures.
3. Network scanning techniques and scanning countermeasures.
4. Enumeration techniques and enumeration countermeasures.
5. System hacking methodology, steganography, steganalysis attacks, and covering tracks.
6. Different types of Trojans, Trojan analysis, and Trojan countermeasures.
7. Working of viruses, virus analysis, computer worms, malware analysis procedure, and countermeasures.
8. Packet sniffing techniques and how to defend against sniffing.
9. Social Engineering techniques, identify theft, and social engineering countermeasures.
10. DoS/DDoS attack techniques, botnets, DDoS attack tools, and DoS/DDoS countermeasures.
11. Session hijacking techniques and countermeasures.
12. Different types of webserver attacks, attack methodology, and countermeasures.
13. Different types of web application attacks, web application hacking methodology, and countermeasures.
14. SQL injection attacks and injection detection tools.
15. Wireless Encryption, wireless hacking methodology, wireless hacking tools, and Wi-Fi security tools.
16. Mobile platform attack vector, android vulnerabilities, mobile security guidelines, and tools.
17. Firewall, IDS and honeypot evasion techniques, evasion tools, and countermeasures.
18. Various cloud computing concepts, threats, attacks, and security techniques and tools.
19. Different types of cryptography ciphers, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), cryptography attacks, and cryptanalysis tools.
20. Various types of penetration testing, security audit, vulnerability assessment, and penetration testing roadmap.
21. Perform vulnerability analysis to identify security loopholes in the target organisation’s network, communication infrastructure, and end systems.
22. Different threats to IoT platforms and learn how to defend IoT devices securely.
Top 10 Critical Components of C|EH v10
1. 100% Compliance to NICE 2.0 Framework
C|EH v10 maps 100 percent to NICE framework’s Protect and Defend specialty area
2. Inclusion of New Module
Learn how to perform vulnerability analysis to identify security loopholes in the target organisation’s network, communication infrastructure, and end systems. This module covers the vulnerability management life cycle, and various approaches and tools used to perform the vulnerability assessment.
Understand the potential threats to IoT platforms and learn how to defend IoT devices securely.
3. Focus on Emerging Attack Vectors (e.g., Cloud, AI, ML, etc.)
C|EH provides an insight into cloud computing threats and cloud computing attacks. It discusses cloud computing security and the necessary tools. It provides an overview of pen-testing steps which an ethical hacker should follow to perform a security assessment of the cloud environment. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is an emerging solution used in defending networks against various attacks that an antivirus scan cannot detect. Learn how this can be deployed through the C|EH course.
4. Hacking Challenges at the End of Each Module
Challenges at the end of each modules ensures you can practice what you have learnt. They help students understand how knowledge can be transformed as skills and can be used to solve real-life issues.
5. Coverage of latest Malware
The course is updated to include the latest ransomware, banking and financial malware, IoT botnets, Android malwares and more!
6. Inclusion of complete Malware Analysis Process
Discover and learn how to reverse engineer malware in order to determine the origin, functionality, and potential impact of a malware. By performing malware analysis, the detailed information regarding the malware can be extracted, analysed and this is a crucial skill of an ethical hacker.
7. Hands-on Program
More than 40 percent of class time is dedicated to the learning of practical skills and this is achieved through EC-Council labs. Theory to practice ratio for C|EH program is 60:40 providing students with a hands-on experience of the latest hacking techniques, methodologies, tools, tricks, etc. C|EH comes integrated with labs to emphasize the learning objectives. It also provides additional labs that students can practice post training on their own time, through EC-Council’s iLabs platform which students can purchase separately.
8. Lab environment simulates a real-time environment
C|EH v10 lab environment consists of latest operating systems including Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 configured with Domain Controller, firewalls, and vulnerable web applications for honing the skills of hacking.
9. Covers latest hacking tools (Based on Windows, MAC, Linux, and Mobile)
The C|EH v10 course includes a library of tools that is required by security practitioners and pentesters to find uncover vulnerabilities across different operation platforms. This provides a wider option to students than any other programs in the market.
10. ANSI Accreditation
ANSI accreditation signifies that the certification holder has completed a prescribed course of study designed specifically to meet predefined industry requirements
- The C|EH exam can be challenged post the completion of attending the complete official C|EH course. Candidates that successfully passes the exam will receive their C|EH certificate and membership privileges. Members are expected to adhere to recertification requirements through EC-Council’s Continuing Education Requirements.
- As a powerful addition to the C|EH exam, the new C|EH (Practical) exam is now available adding even more value to the C|EH certification through practical validation of skills and abilities.