Design Thinking: Prototyping and User Testing
Creating prototypes puts a proposed solution into action. In this course, you will learn the value of prototypes and user testing as critical components of the design thinking process. You will examine case studies to understand the iterative process of prototyping and discover how new products and ideas can emerge as a result.
As part of the Design Thinking MicroMasters program, you will study how to analyse and implement the results of user testing to ensure your solution can fully benefit from this inclusive and innovative process. Best practices for evaluating solutions will also be covered, including surveys, user evaluations, focus groups and interviews.
Start date25 March 2019
Programme duration6 weeks
Estimated effort8 to 12 hours per week
What you'll learn
• Discuss different levels, options and tools for prototyping
• Select an appropriate prototyping technique
• Discuss methods of user testing and evaluation
• Interpret user feedback in relation to product/process development
• Evaluate an effective solution