How to Code: Simple Data
This course takes a unique approach, focusing on a systematic programming method rather than restricting learners to any one specific programming language. This practical approach will allow you to apply your skills and creativity more widely and to program well in any language.
The course is part of the Software Development MicroMasters Program and presents a core design method with a focus on numbers, strings, images and lists.
You will learn techniques to:
- Develop program requirements
- Produce programs with consistent structure that are easy to modify later
- Make your programs more reliable by building tests as an integral part of the programming process.
- This course concludes with the design of a simple interactive game.
Learners who enroll in the Verified track will receive staff grading for the course project and increased interaction with the instructor and staff.
edX® is a registered trademark of edX® Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Start date4 February 2019
Programme duration7 weeks
Estimated effort8 to 10 hours per week
What you'll learn
- How to represent information as data
- How to focus each part of your program on a single task
- How to use examples and tests to clarify what your program should do
- How to simplify the structure of your program using common patterns
- Recognise and represent more complicated information